This is page 1 of 1 (This thread has 14 messages.)
Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.
Recipe for a healthy bread -sweet or not - child won't eat!
Has anyone got a recipe for a bread with lots of vegetables or fruit in it? My son has taken a non-eating fit and wont eat ANYTHING. Thought i would make him a bread with stuff in it, that he dosent know about.
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Lightly whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl, add sugar and coconut, and stir to combine.
4. Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the egg mixture until just combined.
5. Add melted butter and stir until the mixture is just smooth, being careful not to over-mix.
6. Pour into a greased and floured 21x10cm (8x4in) loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for one hour, or until bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.
7. Leave in tin to cool for five minutes, and remove to cool further on a wire rack.
8. Serve in thick slices, toasted, buttered and dusted with icing sugar. Makes 8-10 thick slices.
NB. You can freeze the cooked coconut bread. If you slice it first, you will be able to take a slice or two out as you need it. Defrost it then toast and serve as above.
havent tried this recipe yet gonna make some on sat
basic soda bread recipe:
1 lb plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of sugar
1 pint of buttermilk
place dry ingredients in a bowl and add buttermilk gradually. mix with one hand gently in a stirring movement until slightly damp dough is formed. use as pizza base or add:
semi dry tomatoes
turn out onto a baking sheet and make a cross in the top with a knife .Prick all over with a fork( to let the fairies out)!!!
bake @200c for 20-30minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped on the bottom.eat on day of making.