Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Struggling to eat after a bug

(5 Posts)
spagblog Wed 22-Jun-05 23:19:02

On Saturday the kids and I were all ill with a tummy bug. I seemed to suffer the worst and was sick and had the trots most of the morning.

Since then I am finding it difficult to eat. I have no appetite, feel a bit queasy and don't enjoy eating...Not like me!

I wondered whether it was still the after effects of the bug, or whether I have given myself a mini phobia of upsetting my tum again...?

Any thoughts or experiences?

spagblog Thu 23-Jun-05 09:55:24

bump?

sorrel Thu 23-Jun-05 10:02:27

if you don't feel like eating there is probably a reason for it. i would try and drink as much as possible, but nothing too acidic. my doctor always recommends flat coke after a tummy bug- no idea why but i find it easy to keep down and at least the sugar will help you regain a bit of strength. Also would try Floradix for a few days - vitamin supliment with iron.
maybe try a few water biscuits or toast until you actually feel like eating.
for dd i make ribena ice cubes which might be nice especially in this heat.

dinosaur Thu 23-Jun-05 17:14:18

Are you feeling any better now spagblog?

Something similar seems to have happened to my little DS3 - he had a bug at the weekend and still doesn't seem to have much appetite.

spagblog Sat 25-Jun-05 10:23:20

Thanks for the replies. I guess the hot weather suppressed my appetite too.
I was wondering whether I ought to buy some Yakult or something to help my intestinal flora!
Still not 100 percent, but feel more like eating now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now