Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anything nasty in a tea bag???

(9 Posts)
Slave2Babe Wed 22-Jun-05 15:39:27

i took my eyes off dd for 2 seconds in the office today ... turned around to find her with a used tea bag in one hand and a mouth full of tea bag contents! i have no idea where she found a tea bag!?

my obvious worry, after having removed most of it from her mouth, was whether there could be anything harmful that she may have digested?

SoupDragon Wed 22-Jun-05 15:40:19

Depends where she found it I guess, but generally speaking no.

ivy3 Wed 22-Jun-05 15:42:30

How old is she?

Slave2Babe Wed 22-Jun-05 15:48:45

7.5 months old ... my colleague (who was watching her at the time!!) ... said she was pulling on the side of a bin bag so i guess it fell out ...

i know this makes it seem like i work in a right grotty, hazardess environment but its not ... just this one incident makes it sound bad!

SoupDragon Wed 22-Jun-05 15:50:24

DSs used to eat pre-licked dry crunchy cat food and they came to no harm

fastasleep Wed 22-Jun-05 15:52:47

I ate a dry teabag once for a £5 dare when I was little, and I'm fine. Some people feed tea in bottles to younger babies (which I must say I find a wee bit odd) so I'm sure she won't come to any harm

ivy3 Wed 22-Jun-05 15:56:08

I am sure it's fine. She probably didn't swollow much of it anyway.

Slave2Babe Wed 22-Jun-05 15:59:43

it did panic me to say the least ... looking over to see her with a mouth full of stuff! now she is so mobile i am really careful where she plays and what she could grab ... really didnt see this one!!

i think i scared her more with my reaction (finger in the mouth to scoop it all out) ...

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 16:02:49

I used to eat all our dogs chocolate treats and biscuits when I was little - straight out of her dog basket

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now