Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bleed after cs? anyone else have or had it?

(8 Posts)
mrspink27 Wed 22-Jun-05 15:15:11

To explain, i had an em cs 10 months ago, and took it very easy for a good couple of months, was told at the time that if i overdid it the internal scars could re open and i may bleed again.

10 months down the line i am finding that after strenuous exercise, partic. sit ups etc and digging in the garden i get a very slight bleed, nothing to speak of really, or partic long lasting...?

Any one else have this?

should i be worried?

have a bit of a phobia about doctors/hospitals etc so if i can avoid it i will!

mrspink27 Wed 22-Jun-05 19:38:27

anyone?

loobywoof Wed 22-Jun-05 19:40:12

Bump

NotQuiteCockney Wed 22-Jun-05 19:42:53

I would talk to someone. This sounds very odd to me. I have had two cs, and once the lochia-style bleeding stopped (2 weeks after section? I think?), then that was it until my period next came.

Do you get any pain from the scar?

mrspink27 Wed 22-Jun-05 19:51:07

nope, none whatsoever, pretty numb in places.

and relatively normal if still slightly erratic due to bf periods...

aloha Wed 22-Jun-05 20:30:17

A c-section scar would have healed long, long ago. I doubt this bleeding is related to the section in any way. It does sound odd though. I would personally suggest getting it checked out.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 22-Jun-05 22:01:18

Yeah, the bleeding from exertion is in the first weeks. Certainly not past the first 6 weeks!

Let us know how it goes? Do you have a GP you don't mind, who you can start looking into this with?

mrspink27 Wed 22-Jun-05 22:50:56

not really worried... (although i am always worried deep down about something more sinister and the fact that i might have to have a load of doctors up my crumpet ... so to speak!)

just wondered if anyone else had any experience

thanks all, will keep an eye on it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now