Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Postpartum Bleeding

(10 Posts)
kgc Wed 22-Jun-05 14:47:19

Hi, I have just had a baby just over 3 weeks ago and in the first week I had stopped bleeding then I started bleeding quite heavy again, I had a swab taken and an infection was found so I was put on antibiotics, my bleeding slowed down to a pinkish mucosy discharge and now it has become a yellow/white discharge and has no smell to it and I have no itching either and I only have small amounts throughout the day - is this my postpartum period clearing up and has anyone else had this after a baby??

zippy539 Wed 22-Jun-05 15:17:34

Um - can't remember but bumping for you.

katzguk Wed 22-Jun-05 15:19:36

i had a baby 2weeks ago and the discharge your discribing is what mine is turnign into. i vaguey remember with DD1 something simialr

kgc Wed 22-Jun-05 15:51:24

hi and thanks to those who sent messages i have spoken with my midwife and she says that this is all perfectly normal and is the last part of the healing process apparently - so feel bit better

kgc Tue 28-Jun-05 23:29:22

Anyone else had this problem???

morocco Tue 28-Jun-05 23:44:32

yep, I had an infection too, probabaly cos they'd spent so long mucking around down there after the birth. I realise now that I can't remember a thing about it all but vaguely, yes, antibiotics and then the bleeding cleared up and wasn't smelly.
Poor you, hope you are feeling Ok anyway

kgc Wed 29-Jun-05 00:00:58

Hey there morocco thanks for the post, yes I too had alot of mucking about after the birth as had a birth in the pool and they wanted me to give birth to placenta naturally - i said no and opted for the injection about an hour later so I think that is what happened - all clearing up now with antibiotics - good to hear not alone morocco.

morocco Wed 29-Jun-05 00:13:26

glad to hear it
you know, I can see why not many people posted, I think it's really common but I honestly can remember hardly a thing about it
a word of warning though - watch out for thrush if you are breastfeeding as the antibiotics can trigger it off sometimes. Having said that, I was fine, but it's good to bear it in mind just in case
how's your little baby doing?

kgc Wed 29-Jun-05 00:31:19

hey there morocco
thanks for the post, yes did have some thrush after the antibiotics although gave up breastfeeding a week and half ago, baby is great good weight over nearly 101b now, thanks for asking.

kgc Wed 29-Jun-05 00:32:38

Also cleared up great with antibiotics and did not have no probs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now