Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do not want to take out DTS with chicken pots in this heat.

(8 Posts)
tiffini Wed 22-Jun-05 09:12:49

Oh bloody hell, another hot day, have to go shopping and take DS to nursery this afternoon, but i really dont want to take DTS out in this heat while they have chicken pox. I dont drive so will be on foot, gonna be out for at least 2 hours.

Will it be as bad as i think or am i being over protective.

Poor little girls they are so spotty and already have a temp

edodgy Wed 22-Jun-05 09:27:18

Hi to be honest i wouldnt take them out at all if they're ill , I know chicken pox is most catching before the spots come out but it can still be caught before the spots have crusted over. To take them somewhere public like the shops worries me slightly as their are some vulnerable people about that may not want to catch them I for one at 17 weeks pregnant have never had chicken pox and wouldnt fancy the idea of putting my unborn baby at risk by catching it. i realise this could happen anyway as people have no way of knowing before the spots come out but as you do know they are ill i'd keep them away from public places for now, also people going through chemo wouldnt thank you if they caught them either. Im not having a go at you so please dont take this the wrong way but it is something to bear in mind. i hope they get better soon it must be even more miserable for them (and you) in this weather.

Enid Wed 22-Jun-05 09:28:42

not if they have a temperature, no way. Stay at home.

throckenholt Wed 22-Jun-05 09:29:05

can you take some cool water in a spray bottle - spray it over them to help them keep cooler (make sure it isn't cold though because it will be too much of a shock for them).

hoxtonchick Wed 22-Jun-05 09:30:17

hmmm, when ds & i manage to get dressed we're going to nip to the local chemist to get stuff for his chicken pox. we'll only be out for 10 minutes though, & i feel a bit bad about taking him. he doesn't have a temperature though. is there anyway you could leave your twins with someone? or go shoppoing in a couple of days?

Enid Wed 22-Jun-05 09:31:49

I took mine out after they felt a bit better (still spotty but no temperature). You could dose them with calpol and take plenty of water. Anyway you could ditch the shopping part?

tiffini Wed 22-Jun-05 09:32:39

Cant leave them with anyone, everyone i know are working, but i hate the idea of my Ds missing nursery.

LIZS Wed 22-Jun-05 10:06:35

Can any of your firends take ds to nbursery for you ? Noone will thank you for turning up with contagious kids. I've had to curtail ds' activities this past week as can't run the risk of friend's siblings in particular catching it from dd, espeiclaly with holidays etc looming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now