Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding for 6 weeks since given birth - normal??

(10 Posts)
julesandweekabeya Tue 21-Jun-05 14:58:39

Hiya. Have been bleeding constantly since gave birth to dd nearly 7 weeks ago now - not as heavy now but heavier than a period - have told doctor who said not to worry but is getting me really down. Has this happened to anyone else? Have went back on pill so hope when have 'period' on it, bleeding will stop. Any advice???

QueenFlounce Tue 21-Jun-05 14:59:47

This happened with my first baby. The postnatal bleeding stopped and my 1st period started! This could now be your first period after birth?

Mosschops30 Tue 21-Jun-05 15:00:55

Message withdrawn

Tinker Tue 21-Jun-05 15:44:52

Bled for 8 weeks first baby and still not finished this time - 4 1/2 weeks now. It is a nuisance isn't it?

bigdonna Tue 21-Jun-05 21:40:06

i bled for 8 weeks after first baby and 4 weeks after 2nd.

LGJ Tue 21-Jun-05 21:45:46

Have you been overdoing it ??

I found it came and went as and when I overdid it.

I finally listened to my body and it went.

HTH

zaphod Tue 21-Jun-05 21:50:44

The bleeding went on for 8 and 9 weeks, with all of mine, but it was never as heavy bleeding as a period after the first week.

nell12 Wed 22-Jun-05 10:45:10

Try not to worry, it will stop eventually, if you get any clots or pain see the dr. Or speak to HV at dd's next weigh-in. She may be more helpful.

northstar Wed 22-Jun-05 10:48:07

Mine started to stop (iykwim) at 4 weeks, was definately gone by 6. It stops quicker if you are breastfeeding though.

spidermama Thu 23-Jun-05 12:27:37

I bled for a little over 6 weeks after my first, then again after my second. Third and fourth healed quicker. The bleeding comes from the wound in womb where placenta had been attached. It heals quicker if you rest, put your feet up and keep still. Not always possible I know. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now