Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could I have an underactive thyroid?

(3 Posts)
Sonnet Tue 21-Jun-05 14:27:05

A chance comment form a work collegue earlier has left me wondering if i may have an underactive thyroid.

I have searhed the site but, whilst have found it mentioned, not much specific facts.

Over the last two years i have put on weight slowly, I am very tired most of the time, although I do have odd days that I feel full of life like I use to. I often get blurry vision, a muzy head and feel so weak and drained. I also have dry itchy skin.
None of this is major - whilst I wouldn't say I felt unwell - I just dont feel right iyswim!

Can anyone throw any light on this please befoe I waste the doctors time.

tamum Tue 21-Jun-05 14:32:39

The skin and the tiredness certainly sound right for hypothyroidism. I've never heard of blurry vision as being a symptom, but that doesn't mean anything! I would certainly see a doctor, it doesn't sound like time-wasting at all.

lunavix Tue 21-Jun-05 14:34:41

I'd say get it checked out.

I have a badly overactive throid, but the only symtoms I had were tiredness and hair loss. But it was MAJOR tiredness, physically couldn't get out of bed, and moving off the sofa was a real struggle. With a 3 month old ds, not good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now