Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help im in soooooooo much pain!

(32 Posts)
charleepeters Tue 21-Jun-05 08:39:50

As some of you may of read ds and i got sunvurnt on Sunday after using Wilkinsons own factor 50 sunblock. anyway luckily ds only got slightly pink on his arms and legs but i got very badly burnt and am now resembeling a lobster! I hurt so much and this morning it has begun to peel and blister badly i was in tears jsut getting dressed this morning, does anyone have any suggestions to help

elsmommy Tue 21-Jun-05 08:43:05

My mom used to chuck me in a cold bath if I got sunburnt!!!

Can't really remember if it worked though.

Hope you feel better soon

anorak Tue 21-Jun-05 08:43:40

Lots and lots of aftersun cream, drink plenty of water and be aware that you might faint at any time. Rest as much as possible.

hayleylou Tue 21-Jun-05 08:44:09

Have you tried a cool bath with lavender oil in?

charleepeters Tue 21-Jun-05 08:46:16

I tried a cool bath which soothed it whilst i was in it but as soon as i got out it felt like i was on fire, i have horrible blisters on my back.

nailpolish Tue 21-Jun-05 08:46:48

keep some after sun or E45 in the fridge and keep applying that. hope you feel better soon

Ameriscot2005 Tue 21-Jun-05 08:47:15

Aloe vera is very soothing.

hayleylou Tue 21-Jun-05 08:47:43

Might be worth phoning doctors, and maybe seeing the nurse... they migth be able to give you some some or something?

starshaker Tue 21-Jun-05 08:48:32

i know this sounds weird but a warm bath is better than a cold 1 as it draws the heat out (so im told) but i do know it works.

charleepeters Tue 21-Jun-05 08:49:18

thanks my only problem is im in doors with ds i have no trasport and it really bloomin hurts to walk and our chemist is a mile down the road anything im likleyto have at home, i've been sunburt before but it looks as if ive had boiling water poured down my back and chest. i cant even wear a bra

Hausfrau Tue 21-Jun-05 08:49:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nailpolish Tue 21-Jun-05 08:51:01

is there anyone who could go for you? like someone else said, it might be an idea to call and speak to a nurse, it sounds terrible for you

nailpolish Tue 21-Jun-05 08:51:42

get a scooshy spray thing with cold water and ice cubes and spray it on yourself every so often

Ameriscot2005 Tue 21-Jun-05 08:52:44

It sounds worse than normal sunburn. If you have burst blisters, you want to be careful of infection. Maybe a trip to the doctors would be a good idea.

charleepeters Tue 21-Jun-05 08:52:56

my dr's is really bad for this sort of ting you can only get advice by appointment and for one of those you have to ring at 8.30 in the morning and there full by about 9. i will see if i can get dp to pick up something on his way back from work.

starshaker Tue 21-Jun-05 08:55:51

i would say go to a&e this happened to me and thats what i did

Ameriscot2005 Tue 21-Jun-05 08:58:39

If you are going to put water on it, use cooled boiled water.

charleepeters Tue 21-Jun-05 09:01:19

what did they say starshaker???

koalabear Tue 21-Jun-05 09:29:12

charlee - best thing for you is ALOE VERA GEL - can get it at boots or health food shop (take it from an old Aussie who knows her sunburn)

by the way, how is your baby sleeping?

charleepeters Tue 21-Jun-05 09:32:44

ok, hes sleepin untill 5am every morning so thatas no to bad - still being a bit of a pain to get him to sllep but i think thats the heat hes not used to. thanks for asking though

Kelly1978 Tue 21-Jun-05 09:33:29

I was getting ds's jabs done once, when the nurse noticd a bad burn abt 3inches in diameter on the back of my sholder. It had blistered and then the skin came off, and she used some sort of antispetic cream and dressed it. I hadn't asked for advice, was jsut putting up with it, but she sorted it as there is a risk of infection so bad burns do need dressing. You could also scar if they don't heal properly.

koalabear Tue 21-Jun-05 09:33:57

5 am is great is this heat - well done

charleepeters Tue 21-Jun-05 09:36:21

yeah it is, thanks for your help before koalabear.

kelly - thanks i will get a nurse appointment tomorrow if i can.

LIZS Tue 21-Jun-05 09:41:49

Do you have an atomiser type spray bottle ? If so you could fill with water, chill and spritz every so often to cool the skin down. Also , I may be imagining it, but possibly chilled slices of cucumber and plain yoghurt ? The helpful NHS direct suggest this !

starshaker Tue 21-Jun-05 10:12:18

i got a bit of a lecture but it turned out im alergic to some sun cream and putting it on makes me burn more. they gave me a cream that was amazing and they also put me on a drip to rehydrate me for a while. after i went if took a few hours and i was feeling much better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now