Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help. really bad sunburn

(9 Posts)
Titania Sun 19-Jun-05 12:55:26

i went out to a carnival yesterday and i tried to stay in the shade as much as possible but i forgot to put suncream on me (remembered the kids though thank goodness) the tops of my shoulders are so red and burnt i can barely even move. its so sore. i have put a bit od sudocrem on it. thats all i have. i cant find my aloe vera gel anywhere. i cant pick ds2 up cos he puts his hands on my shoulders and it hurts so much. ive got to go shopping later. dreading it. i feel like a lobster!!! I am so mad with myself for forgetting to put cream on

misdee Sun 19-Jun-05 12:56:04

got any yoghurt?

Titania Sun 19-Jun-05 13:19:32

erm.....only kids fromage frais and a mullerice!!

tillykins Sun 19-Jun-05 13:20:53

Lactocalamine (not calomine lotion)
Slather it on like body lotion

mrsflowerpot Sun 19-Jun-05 13:23:30

Get calamine lotion when you go shopping, it is the absolute best thing. You look a bit funny with it on though...

You poor thing, I did this last summer, was so worried about ds being fully covered that I forgot about my own shoulders and neck and burnt them worse than they have been since I was a kid. I had forgotten how much it hurts.

mrsflowerpot Sun 19-Jun-05 13:24:10

x posts there - haven't used that, will look out for it, sounds less messy!

Titania Sun 19-Jun-05 13:45:16

not heard of lactocalamine....have got normal calamine lotion in....

Blondeinlondon Sun 19-Jun-05 14:40:21

You could try aloe vera gel - pop it in the fridge first

zebraZ Sun 19-Jun-05 22:17:45

Olive, oil, I just posted on Rickman's thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now