Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

why is my tummy so swollen?

(1 Post)
sunglasses Thu 12-Nov-09 14:02:17

I am a size 8, have had 2 children, the youngest is 2.5 both by c-section and even though I am really slim every where else my tummy sticks out like I am 4 months pregnant. Strangers have actually asked me when I am due etc so not being paranoid!
I have suffered from constipation a lot since the birth of my second child but even though my diet is fairly healthy and I walk everywhere( we don't own a car)I cant seem to get rid of it. It often feels uncomfortable like there is literally a blockage in there but even if I really attack the constipation with a high fibre diet, or stool softeners etc I will go to the loo fine for a couple of days only for it to change back to rabbit pellets again( sorry TMI!)
I have noticed the constipation and therefore the huge belly are worse in the two weeks before my period. Any connection with hormones etc? and more importantly what can I do. should I get this checked out with a scan or something to see if there is any other reason for the swollen appearance and full/ sometimes burning feeling inside?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now