Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there a nausea (not vomiting) bug doing the rounds?

(12 Posts)
Talkable Thu 12-Nov-09 08:44:44

I have had horrible nausea and queasiness for four days now. No real appetite. Sometimes I am sure I will vom but nothing happens. Its horrible. I have no fever, aches, nothing but the horrible nausea. Its so bad it wake me up.

Has anyone else got this? It would be comforting to know it was a bug that will soon pass.

InterruptingKid Thu 12-Nov-09 08:46:07

what in the WHOLE COUNTRY?

probably

hmm

Talkable Thu 12-Nov-09 08:47:25

How comforting IK. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

InterruptingKid Thu 12-Nov-09 08:48:02

its a bug
it will pass.

TotalChaos Thu 12-Nov-09 08:58:49

dunno what specific bugs are going round atm, but had a very similar sounding bug a year or two ago, so hopefully it will be a very transient problem.

InterruptingKid Thu 12-Nov-09 08:59:57

<snigger>

ABetaDad Thu 12-Nov-09 09:03:07

I had something like that the last few days and DW feel rough this morning. As you say, feel like chucking up, headache and feel rough but nothing much else.

Talkable Thu 12-Nov-09 09:06:36

Thanks TC and ABetaDad. It is nasty. At least with a normal vom virus it is short and sharp and tends not to linger.

I guess I better struggle into work.

rabbitstew Thu 12-Nov-09 10:07:55

Definitely a nausea bug going around our household! My ds1 had it, went off his food and had revolting smelly farts with it, too... Then I felt washed out for a few days, culminating in a very mild temperature, low back ache and mild nausea for a day, and then ds2 got it and also went off his food. I find it one of those annoying bugs, where you feel exhausted and don't want to bother to do anything, but start feeling annoyed with yourself about it because there's nothing specific and obvious wrong with you, so you start wondering if you're just getting lazy in your old age, until you wake up one morning and discover that you've got your energy back and can be bothered again, after all!

Laine4kids Thu 12-Nov-09 19:45:16

YES we(me,DH,4 dc)have all had it at least once over the last month.Headache,nausea,no apitite.we are sick of it!!

Crazycatlady Thu 12-Nov-09 19:56:16

Yes definitely. Our house sounds just like yours rabbitstew. It's lingered here on and off for two weeks, now finally everyone is eating again...

Crazycatlady Thu 12-Nov-09 19:57:47

p.s. two other families I know locally have had the same thing, we couldn't work out what was going on with the babies and we all questioned whether we might be pg... but we're not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now