Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

could this be infected ezcema?

(10 Posts)
florenceuk Sat 18-Jun-05 22:28:35

DS(3) woke up today complaining that his knee hurt and he could not walk. Had a temperature, so I gave him calpol and nurofen and he seemed OK - able to walk, a bit tired and whingy but otherwise normal. But his knee has a large red lump where he's had recurrent ezcema - feels hot to the touch. I'm wondering if it's managed to get infected somehow. Should I wait until Monday to see if it gets worse? Feel like paranoid Mum as last time I went to the doctors they said anything that I could fix with nurofen was probably viral and there was not much they could do....

mandyc66 Sat 18-Jun-05 22:32:05

Has he banged his knee or maybe got a bite?
Infected excema tends to weep,I think

florenceuk Sat 18-Jun-05 22:36:02

thought it might be a bite but can't see why it would cause his temperature to go up. Not weeping though so probably not the ezcema - thanks!

Tiggiwinkle Sat 18-Jun-05 22:38:04

Does he still have a fever? You could always give NHS direct a ring-they would advise as to whether you should get it looked at before Monday.

mandyc66 Sat 18-Jun-05 22:40:46

how high is his temp?

florenceuk Sat 18-Jun-05 22:46:19

Was 39.4C - but did come down with calpol and nurofen.

mandyc66 Sat 18-Jun-05 22:49:29

are you sure its the knee thats causing the temperature? I think an allergic reaction to a bite could cause temp to rise.

mandyc66 Sun 19-Jun-05 07:30:30

how is he this morning?

florenceuk Sun 19-Jun-05 10:25:44

Knee still red and puffy, but no temperature, so I am now much less worried. Will see how it goes today - thanks!

mandyc66 Sun 19-Jun-05 10:42:06

glad its looking better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now