Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Excessive granulation of scar tissue / Persistent granulation polyps (TMI)

(2 Posts)
Cantspellmynameright Wed 11-Nov-09 17:22:05

I have had problems with excessive granulation of the scar tissue from where I tore with DS 19 weeks ago.

So far I have had 5 rounds of ab's as they though it was initially an infection because of discharge, then 5 rounds of silver nitrate cauterisation to try to shrink the tissue down. This week I saw my nurse again for the sn treatment and she told me she doesn't know why I am still getting discharge so swabbed me for infection again

I have to ring on Friday for the results to see if I need another round of ab's.

Does anyone have any information on excessive scar tissue growth? Has anyone had it?

My symptoms have been:

-growth of soft tissue at the scar site
-extreme pain to touch the area
-bleeding from the affected skin
-v discharge constantly

I have not been referred to gynae team yet as they wanted to see if the sn treatment worked but I have not had a full pelvic exam as they are worried about hurting me.

19 weeks after the birth I am now getting very frustrated with constant pain etc and (due to anx/dep problems) keep thinking it's something more serious than it seems.

Sex is out the window still and despite a very kind and caring partner we are both fed up with not being able to get back to the maritals!

I really hope someone out there can help!

Cantspellmynameright Thu 12-Nov-09 18:53:44

bump

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: