Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Oh god, I think I have taken too many painkillers

(8 Posts)
Saltire Tue 10-Nov-09 22:32:11

I just took 2 co-codamol 30/500mg. But after I took them I remembered that I might have taken 2 at 8.50, but I can't remember if I did or not. <panic>
I remember thinking "oh I'll take 2 co-codamol before I go for my bath. But did I? Oh god. I'm, stressing now

Kerrymumbles Tue 10-Nov-09 22:33:10

call doctor now. i've no idea tbh but you shouldn't fuck around with these things. smile

bigchris Tue 10-Nov-09 22:37:10

have you checked the packet? will you be able to tell by how many is left?

bran Tue 10-Nov-09 22:37:59

Can you count the pack? Is that the over the counter dosage or a prescribed one? TBH the recommended dosage is a long way inside the actual safety limit (I'm not a doctor but it's a well known fact) so even if you have had a double dose it wouldn't be a worry.

Have a look on the NHS direct website, it'll probably reassure you.

ThisCharmingFlan Tue 10-Nov-09 22:45:29

30/500 x 4 - you'll feel a bit squiffy for a bit but no lasting damage. Don't operate any heavy machinery for a few hours however..

Harebelle Wed 11-Nov-09 08:04:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Saltire Wed 11-Nov-09 08:35:46

I'm fine. I am not 100% sure that I did take 4 within 2 hours. I aways keep a strip of them downstairs and the box upstairs so had no idea how many were missingblush. I normally take them only at night because I get quite light headed with them, and during the day take a milder dose and ibuprofen.

bran Wed 11-Nov-09 09:44:51

I'm glad you're feeling better. grin Co-codamol is odd stuff isn't it? I find it makes me wide awake and very happy, I can see why some people get addicted to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now