Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I get a very dry mouth with my Amitryptiline tablets

(6 Posts)
Saltire Tue 10-Nov-09 16:56:56

I wake up through the night and my mouth is dry, although that not what wakens me, and during the day, especially at work it gets very dry and then I get a horrible taste in my mouth. is there anything I can do to ease it?

purplepeony Tue 10-Nov-09 18:37:34

This is a common side effect. All you can do is drink more, suck sweets maybe, or if your dr advises, cut down the dosage.

cruisemum1 Tue 10-Nov-09 19:15:30

i take dosulepin - 25 mg which is a ridiculously low doseage and mymouth gets so dry it feels like oral thrush. Horrid, i do drink more but nothing really cures it. I did get some hunbugs which did the trick a bit but you can only eat so many sweets! if you find a cure I will be most interested

choosyfloosy Tue 10-Nov-09 19:18:50

What a miserable thing to be suffering from.

Would ice help at all? could you keep some ice trays in the fridge icebox at work, or ask them to put one in if there isn't one?

Saltire Wed 11-Nov-09 08:38:18

We don't have an ice box - I work i a shop and although there is a canteen with a fridge, I don't think there is room for ice.

I always take a 500ml bottle of squash with me and it's usually gone by the time I finish , I only do 3 hours as well

Cruisemum - thats what mine feels like, oral thrush. Sometimes I can be tlaking to a customer and i can feel my mouth dry up as I'm talking!

cruisemum1 Wed 11-Nov-09 08:41:53

Saltire - it is horrid isn't it? Feel like i need to drink constantly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now