Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

tooth extracted. When can I eat and what should I eat?

(5 Posts)
DebiTheScot Tue 10-Nov-09 14:33:13

Had a big top molar out today. It's still quit numb and I took ibuphophen earlier to prepare for the pain so it's not sore at all yet.

Haven't had anything to eat since a bit of toast at about 11.30.
When will I be able to eat and what should/shouldn't I eat?

Also is my face going to bruise? Will I look like a wally at work tomorrow?

Any other tips for looking after it would be appreciated too smile

DebiTheScot Tue 10-Nov-09 14:58:26

The bit of toast was obviously before I had it out.

And I can't spell ibruprofen!

KurriKurri Tue 10-Nov-09 15:14:49

When I had one out a few years ago (top molar like yours) I was advised to avoid anything too hot, so have tea/ coffee etc. luke warm. Soup - again not to hot, generally soft things requiring little chewing I think, yogurt, mashed potato maybe. I don't remember having any external bruising, I think if it came out without any problems, bruising won't be too bad. Try not to poke the gap with your tongue grin

VoidofDiscovery Tue 10-Nov-09 15:25:28

Try regular rinsing with very salty water, it's antiseptic and promotes healing, will also get rid of any bits left after eating.

Should be able to eat most things if you can keep the food to one side, easier said than done.

DebiTheScot Tue 10-Nov-09 15:26:14

lukewarm tea, gross.

Have had a mousse. Mashed tatties for tea sounds like a plan.

It is going to be hard to resist poking at it!

No biscuit biscuit today sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now