Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what can i take for hayfever when bf?

(8 Posts)
ja9 Sat 18-Jun-05 15:00:18

i'm really suffering today... pharmacist didnt recommend an over the counter drug but said doctor might be able to prescribe something else. has anyone had a good remedy from doc whilst preg or bf? i dont want to waste time making an apt & going if i wont get anything.

i tried natural remedies lastt summer whilst preg and didnt find anything very effective...

ja9 Sun 19-Jun-05 13:47:20

bump

kama Sun 19-Jun-05 13:58:20

Message withdrawn

Carameli Sun 19-Jun-05 21:25:39

I have not tried it, but heard on the radio that Guava juice is great for helping hayfever symtoms. No idea where you can get it though but worth a search maybe?

ja9 Tue 21-Jun-05 21:07:19

thank you. will look in to all the afore mentioned things. puffy eyes and sneezes a-go-go today!

Guardianangel Tue 21-Jun-05 21:11:01

Hi there, get cotton bud and coat with vaseline and put it inside the rim of both nostrils. Catches pollen grains. Works for me.

mumto2boys Wed 22-Jun-05 22:48:45

ask your GP about Piriton.... My GP and pharmacist told me this was ok to take while pregnant/breastfeeding (if the eyedrops/nasal spray don't help - which they didn't for me) but please check with your GP first!

hth

006 Wed 22-Jun-05 23:09:21

I have been told that piriton is OK, but may cause drowsiness in both of us - not v desirable! So I am suffering with you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now