Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

what can i take for hayfever when bf?

(8 Posts)
ja9 Sat 18-Jun-05 15:00:18

i'm really suffering today... pharmacist didnt recommend an over the counter drug but said doctor might be able to prescribe something else. has anyone had a good remedy from doc whilst preg or bf? i dont want to waste time making an apt & going if i wont get anything.

i tried natural remedies lastt summer whilst preg and didnt find anything very effective...

ja9 Sun 19-Jun-05 13:47:20

bump

kama Sun 19-Jun-05 13:58:20

Message withdrawn

Carameli Sun 19-Jun-05 21:25:39

I have not tried it, but heard on the radio that Guava juice is great for helping hayfever symtoms. No idea where you can get it though but worth a search maybe?

ja9 Tue 21-Jun-05 21:07:19

thank you. will look in to all the afore mentioned things. puffy eyes and sneezes a-go-go today!

Guardianangel Tue 21-Jun-05 21:11:01

Hi there, get cotton bud and coat with vaseline and put it inside the rim of both nostrils. Catches pollen grains. Works for me.

mumto2boys Wed 22-Jun-05 22:48:45

ask your GP about Piriton.... My GP and pharmacist told me this was ok to take while pregnant/breastfeeding (if the eyedrops/nasal spray don't help - which they didn't for me) but please check with your GP first!

hth

006 Wed 22-Jun-05 23:09:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: