Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Either I've got a UTI or my mirena is falling out - help!!

(7 Posts)
FeelLikePants Tue 10-Nov-09 11:45:05

Have namechanged, can't cope with so much personal information out there ...

Can't get doctor's appt today, going out tonight to very flash do that don't want to miss so really, ideally, I would bury head in sand and deal with all this tomorrow. However -

It really hurts when I pee, but the pain feels higher up and similar to when my first two mirenas came out of their own accord shock

There is a little bit of blood but this is around the time of the very feeble periods I now get with the mirena. I can't feel anything odd, mirena threads appear to be in place.

Sorry for TMI but does anyone have any wise words?

FeelLikePants Tue 10-Nov-09 12:08:48

<bump>

<still hurts>

sandcastles Tue 10-Nov-09 12:15:01

If you are in pain, you need to see/talk to someone.

Regardless of whether it is a UTI or your mirena (seeing as you don't have a good track record with them, it isn't impossible for it to be that) it needs medically sorting.

If it is the mirena and is left, there is the potential for infection.

sandcastles Tue 10-Nov-09 12:15:49

it IS possible for it to be that

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 12:17:41

can you not get a doc appt as a matter of urgency if you're in pain? They wouldn't make you wait if it was a uti, so surely the surgery can fit you in even if it's end of the day?

FeelLikePants Tue 10-Nov-09 13:18:20

Thanks for your responses. Still couldn't get an appointment but saw a nurse and did urine test. Nothing regular (eg cystitis) came up, so she's sending it to the lab.

I'm actually pretty convinced it's the mirena, but will find out when I see the doctor tomorrow.

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 13:19:38

oh good luck with that. Hope the pain subsides in the meantime. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now