Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pms supplements?

(8 Posts)
duckyfuzz Mon 09-Nov-09 20:13:32

Does anyone have any top tips for which supplements help with pms symptoms like bloating, irritability, painful joints? Has anyone tried this? hope someone can help!

GiraffeAHolic Mon 09-Nov-09 20:19:49

Oil of Evening Primrose helps with my PMS, I also take Agnus Castus for hormonal balance (PCOS sufferer)

duckyfuzz Mon 09-Nov-09 20:21:31

thanks giraffeAHolic, what amount of EP do you take?

GiraffeAHolic Mon 09-Nov-09 20:35:37

I take one capsule a day, but I've heard of people taking up to 3 a day. I guess it's a case of trial and error.

Oh and peppermint cordial is good for bloating

duckyfuzz Mon 09-Nov-09 20:40:30

thanks for the peppermint tip, the bloating is really getting me down as I've lost weight and really notice an extra 2-4 lbs every 4 weeks shock

teatank Mon 09-Nov-09 20:47:39

i take agnus cactus the same as giraffe. i have pcos and took it to help me get pregnant. it helped a lot with my hormonal balance and i also managed to get pregnant.

GiraffeAHolic Mon 09-Nov-09 21:05:27

peppermint cordial is a staple of my diet, I have IBS and can easily look 6 months pregnant if I eat the wrong thing and hot peppermint cordial is always the first resort before medication.

teatank I used it while TTC first time and am now taking it again but no success so far

teatank Mon 09-Nov-09 21:27:04

giraffe i tried to concieve for 3 years and no success even with fertility treatment. i tried the agnus cactus as a last resort and withing 6mnths i was pregnant. i hope you have the same success so good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now