Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange periods,,,help!

(5 Posts)
pucca Mon 09-Nov-09 18:49:10

The last few weeks some odd things have been going on with my period.

TMI but have had the odd bit when i wipe, and now i have been bleeding for over a week and it is still really heavy sad i am normally 3 days heavy and 2 days light (1 day either side).

Anyone any idea on this? i am normally like clockwork, 28 day cycle 5 day bleed, always have been this is why its so strange.

Thanks

pucca Mon 09-Nov-09 19:03:00

bump

pucca Mon 09-Nov-09 20:53:34

and again!

Vigilanteawarenessraiser Mon 09-Nov-09 21:07:23

Could be several things, depending on your age and particular circumstances:
it could be a temporary blip due to stress, or you could be going into the menopause. Of other causes, the most likely is probably fibroids (benign growths in the uterus) or possibly endometriosis, if you have any other symptoms (abdominal or pelvic pain of any sort/bowel problems) or any history of gynae problems.

If it's not painful, you could probably wait a month and see if it's like this next time. If it's worrying you, go to the GP and get checked out - though they may not be able to do much without waiting and seeing if it's just a one-off or it continues.

If you do have pain or other symptoms that continue for any length of time, ask for a referral to a gynaecologist.

Hope this helps.

pucca Tue 10-Nov-09 00:58:34

Thankyou for the reply smile

I am 29, no history at all of any problems, very out of the blue, never had any change to my periods before. That is why it is a bit worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now