Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS has chicken pox: how long should he be quarantined?

(3 Posts)
gotogirl Sun 08-Nov-09 20:39:20

DS has chicken pox, the spots appeared this morning. Problem is, my Dsister is due to visit next Monday and she is pregnant so should I cancel her visit? I have read that he will remain contagious for 4 days after the appearance of the last spot but is this right? And if he has no contact with her, but I do see her alone, would this stlll present a risk to her?

MunchMummy Sun 08-Nov-09 20:51:54

As I understand it, your DS will be contagious until the last spot has crusted over. Both my DDs had it, and it takes about 5 days in total for the crusting to come and then a few more days before they drop off. I would ring your sister and let her know, but in 4-5 days they should all be crusted over. So you should be OK, but just let her know it might be a last minute cancellation if they haven't.

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 22:17:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now