Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yikes! where have all the emetophobes gone?

(9 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Sun 08-Nov-09 16:42:27

Had a bad experience last night. Really rather bad.

Me and the dc were staying at my Dad's (DH was working yet again) after a fab firework party. DS was sick in the night in his bed and without DH there I was the one who had to deal with it sad sad sad.

I brought him in to bed with me, leaving poor dd all alone. I draped the bed with towels and got a bucket but of course I couldn't get a wink of sleep. DS went off to sleep but about 3 hours later was sick again, I had to hold the bucket for him (his aim was good, bless him) and clear it all up.

Then we went downstairs to watch a dvd cos I knew there was no way I was going to get a wink of sleep. He was sick several more times.

He stopped being sick at about 6am. I have had 1 hours sleep last night and had to drive the two dc home and dh is out at work again until 10pm tonight.

It has not been a good day!

Any sympathy gratefully received smile.

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 08-Nov-09 16:50:32

No one cares!

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 16:58:07

Message withdrawn

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 08-Nov-09 17:15:55

Awww thanks BB. I've hidden "Mental Health" I think so thanks for the link to your old thread. Nice to see its still going strong smile.

I coped much better with ds than I would have done before the cbt, that's for sure. He has eaten a slice of toast and an apple without incident, so now I just have to worry about dd, dh and/or poor old ME getting it.

Where's that baby of yours? Have I missed an announcement? Seems ages since you revealed you were pg.

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 17:58:25

Message withdrawn

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 08-Nov-09 19:00:43

Ah, I am self medicating (with alcohol) and am ok so far!

Fwiw I had an elective c/s at Kings at 39+2 for ds and it was actually a marvellous experience. The theatre staff and anaesthatists were fab. The aftercare sucks a little bit but ... you probably know that anyway.

Very very very best of wishes to you anyway. You've got through this whole pg with the risk of swine flu hanging over it all the way, you poor thing.

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 21:21:58

Message withdrawn

herbietea Sun 08-Nov-09 21:28:54

Message withdrawn

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 08-Nov-09 21:39:34

Thanks Herb. I am a lot better now than I was a couple of years ago. Like belgian I've had a course of cbt. It does help a lot smile.

At least I know if dh, dd or I get it we're unlikely to actually throw up in our beds. That thought helps too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now