Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Burstitis/Students Elbow

(9 Posts)
lsa2 Sun 08-Nov-09 09:36:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PurpleLostPrincess Sun 08-Nov-09 19:55:53

I had it in my hip, they gave me anti-inflammatories (diclofenic) and it healed up within a few days. I still get bouts of it though... Hope somebody comes along soon to help you more smile

moocowme Sun 08-Nov-09 20:56:40

yes in my elbow. rubbed in some eucalyptus oil and it worked quite well. olbas oil would do as well.

i don't take drugs i have to swollow when i can avoid it.

lsa2 Mon 09-Nov-09 12:23:10

moocowme Mon 09-Nov-09 19:29:55

it only took a couple of weeks to get better but i had to stop doing what was making it sore in the first place or it just came back. the oil took the pain away in about 4 hours.

lsa2 Tue 10-Nov-09 18:21:39

Denny185 Tue 10-Nov-09 18:24:41

Normal medical management - refrain from aggrevating activity, ice, anti-inflammatories, usually settle within a few weeks. All the best.

alypaly Tue 10-Nov-09 19:12:22

diclofenac or ibuprofen if you are not asthmatic. You could try ibuprofen gel. Rest it and then the bursa will reduce. Unfortunately it is a product of repetitive injury.

lsa2 Wed 11-Nov-09 18:59:14

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now