Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ouch just scratched my eye - And got diabetes, do i need to do anything?

(5 Posts)
mummytopebs Fri 06-Nov-09 21:12:04

I have jsut scratched my eyelid and my eye, it is really stinging and has gone very blurry. Is there anything i can put on it? Plus have got gestational diabetes and know this can effect your eyes, is it ok to leave? Sorry if i sound a bit dim but this diabetes thing is all new to me

Kadiya Sat 07-Nov-09 20:36:40

Your eyelid and eye will understandably sting etc when scratched because it is a very sensitive area.
The only advice I can give is to make sure you have cleaned the area with some cool, clean water and pat dry gently.
I think the thing with diabetes and eyes is only if you don't keep your sugars under control?
It may be sore for a few days, but if you notice a lot of discharge or anything else out of the ordinary, go to see the doctor straight away
xx

Wonderstuff Sat 07-Nov-09 20:45:38

I have scratched my eye twice, both times I had it looked at by a doctor and was prescribed anti-biotic drops as a precaution. Poor you it is horrid isn't it. My cat scratched mine the second time.

alypaly Sat 07-Nov-09 23:57:14

if you have actually scratched your cornea you may need to get antibiotic eye drops from GP. He can put a stain in your eye to see if it is scratched.

campion Sun 08-Nov-09 10:50:35

Agree with alypaly - I scratched my eye ( well, actually the hairdresser did with his finger shockhmm) and ended up at the eye dept of hospital. There was a scratch on the cornea and I had to put antibiotic ointment in ( better than drops IMO) for a few days.Doc said I did the right thing by going to hospital.

And, yes, I'm still speaking to my hairdresser!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now