Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

had my eyes tested and been told i have high pressure in my eyes!

(11 Posts)
trace2 Fri 06-Nov-09 20:46:29

had my eyes tested and been told i have high pressure and sending me to hospital for further tests and i been out tonight with dh and realized round the lights there is an hailo round them , asked dh is he sees the same he says no it s not a big hailo but it is there are far as i know its always been like it! is there any thing wrong?

DettaJnr Fri 06-Nov-09 22:34:39

It sounds like you have glaucoma, which is raised pressure in the eye. It can be treated with drops and in some cases surgery. If untreated it can lead to blindness. Sorry to sound alarmist. HTH

whereareyou Fri 06-Nov-09 23:54:31

The halo is very worrying I'm afraid as it can be a symptom of acute as against chronic glaucoma.Needs immediate referral/treatment - I would go to A and E.

bruffin Sat 07-Nov-09 08:14:05

I have had raised pressure for the last 10 years and have regular check ups in hospital for glaucoma but thankfully I still haven't got any other signs of glaucoma.

I also have a slight problem with night vision and I get something like you describe with street lights.

LIZS Sat 07-Nov-09 08:19:51

is there any history of glaucoma in the family ?

trace2 Sat 07-Nov-09 11:20:45

thank you all no no history of it, i only went to get my eyes checked because i had a funny episode last week and the none stop headaches.

her who tested my eyes said it would be ok to wait for app from hospital, and i go to gp on tuseday so ill see what happens then.

whereareyou Sun 08-Nov-09 19:41:05

I would definately ring the person who tested youe eyes and let her know you have had some haloes around lights in case this alters the urgency of her referral.

It is an important symptom if you have raised eye pressures - a routine appoitment from the hospital may not be appropriate.If it is associated with a risk of acute closed angle glaucoma vision can be lost very quickly unlike chronic open angle glaucoma .

whereareyou Sun 08-Nov-09 19:54:29

BTW headaches can also be symptom of possible acute glaucoma - please get it checked out.

scaryteacher Tue 10-Nov-09 15:11:43

My grandmother lost her sight with untreated glaucoma. Please go to A&E asap.

trace2 Tue 10-Nov-09 15:13:03

am at gp in half an hour ill let you all know how i go on!

trace2 Tue 10-Nov-09 20:00:57

well he checked my eyes says its ok to wait for hospital to get in touchgrin

he was more bothered abut the episodes i had last week its on an other thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now