Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood pressure - is this a bit low?

(4 Posts)
costagirl Fri 06-Nov-09 16:07:31

Anyone medical out there - in the GPs waiting room today, to kill some time, I took my blood pressure on their help yourself machine. The reading was 98/42. I know mine tends to be low-ish, but is this ok or is it a bit too low? Forgot to mention it to the GP! (Doh!)

bumpsoon Fri 06-Nov-09 18:30:30

Well thats my normal bp most of the time ! Do you feel lightheaded or dizzy when you stand up ?

costagirl Fri 06-Nov-09 21:53:12

Not usually dizzy - have the occasional lightheaded, shaky moment which I always thought was a blood sugar drop so used to stuff a couple of biscuits! I'm not too worried, I know low blood pressure is a good thing and my Mum's is astronmically high so I'm lucky. Just wondered if 98/42 means I'm barely alive!

ReneRusso Fri 06-Nov-09 21:57:17

Mine comes out as around 90ish/40ish on those machines, but if taken by the doc, it is more like 110/60. Don't worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now