Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think I now have Sciatica

(6 Posts)
Saltire Fri 06-Nov-09 15:14:13

hmm. I am so sick of this, I ahve enough pain with my fibro, don't need this now.

A few weeks agoo I hurt my back I was off work for 5 weeks. Since then, apart from teh odd twinge, its been fine. However, yesterday I started getting a pain in the top of my left buttock, which seemed to go round the top of the leg into my groin, and also down the back of my leg at the kneee. I was in a lot of pain with it by the time I got home from work.
When I got up this morning I was ok, hardly felt it but as the day has worn on, it's got progressivley worse and I am in a ot of pain - and the pain is there regardless of if I am moving,standing sitting etc.

I've enver had sciatica before, and I usually assume that every pain is related to Fibro, but this is a totally different type of pain

sausagesupper Fri 06-Nov-09 15:19:38

sad dh has sciatica, pain goes from lower back, buttocks and can be down his leg. He has suffered with it before, been to doctor to get some painkillers and waiting referral to physio. hope you get some help/relief soon

seeyounexttues Fri 06-Nov-09 15:35:09

blimey, 5 weeks, shit, I'm off this week for the first time with a bad back, it 'went' on Monday and I've been laid up since then. What did you do?

Sorry to hear about the sciatica, sounds horrible

Saltire Fri 06-Nov-09 16:38:01

seeyouenxttues - I bent over the bath at my mums to wash my hair and it just "went". I couldn't do anything for myself for the first 3 weeks, and 2 weeks after I did it I ahd a 7 hour car journey back down here. I was taking co-codamol,diclofenic and diazepam to try and get through

seeyounexttues Fri 06-Nov-09 20:00:34

sounds like you were much worse than I am, although I'm on co-codamol and diazepam. it's crazy taking so many drugs and still felling the pain, it's like having one long contraction!

Mine was really stupid, getting ready for work, leant over to get a bloody make up brush of all things!

I can be up and about for about 1/2 an hour before it gets too painful and I'm keeping myself dosed up. Will probably be off for another week, which feels really weird as I've never had more than 3-4 days off due to sickness.

Hope the leg doesn't get any worse!

Saltire Fri 06-Nov-09 22:13:08

I definately think I need to see a doc, I am in absolute agony.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now