Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Cold sore sufferers I have THE thing and it works!

(10 Posts)
Megglevache Thu 05-Nov-09 11:25:31

Have been plagued with these ever since I had dd two years ago and I have tried everything from LLysine, compeed patches, Tea tree oil, all have had different results. Someone here recommended that light box zapper thing and as I was so desperate last time (only a few weeks ago) I bought one.

I had a nasty looking one rear it's ugly head last night and I zapped it about three times before bed and this morning there is nothing

It's a flaming miracle!

www.boots.com/en/Boots-Advanced-Electronic-Cold-Sore-Treatment_641526/fabbo

Deadworm Thu 05-Nov-09 11:31:09

It sounds brilliant. Zovirax doesn't work for me as well as it used to so I'm v tempted to give it a try.

How does light boost immune response though??! Magic.

link to zapper

MayorNaze Thu 05-Nov-09 11:35:19

really? the dds get awful ones we use the patches but it would be nice to deal wiith them quicker. it says you can't shre between members of the same family - can i not douse it with anti-bac in between?

Megglevache Thu 05-Nov-09 11:36:42

Deadworm, no idea how it works, I am just stunned that it does!
Zovirax has always made mine much worse, made them whoppers!

Megglevache Thu 05-Nov-09 11:37:36

mayor I'd dsay yes, I give mine a clean with alcohol in between zapping.

brimfull Thu 05-Nov-09 11:39:35

wow
will poss invest in one of those

TarkaLiotta Thu 05-Nov-09 11:42:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Megglevache Thu 05-Nov-09 11:49:05

Well I know how dreadful they are, I hate not being able to kiss the kids/dh, it just makes me feel really low and diseased grin

I am a bit under the weather today which is why I suspect I was coming down with such a whopper last night (there were about 5 little blisters)

This morning, not a sausage.

cakeywakey Sun 08-Nov-09 20:42:40

Wow! That sounds fabulous. I am so going to get one on the next Advantage Card night at Boots. DH and I both suffer and are very worried that we might pass them onto our DD.

We both got them from our parents (all four of them suffer) so I may be making a bulk purchase. Thank you very much for flagging this up smile

Megglevache Sun 08-Nov-09 22:30:13

I've had that tingle you get since the first one, just before a breakout and using the gizmo & taking Llysine and nothing has happened...I am sold i tell you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: