Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there anything like medised, not for sedative reasons but drying up mucus. Poor DS2 is suffering: (

(10 Posts)
rasputin Thu 05-Nov-09 10:54:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Thu 05-Nov-09 10:56:36

I would just get the medised and lie, tbh.

rasputin Thu 05-Nov-09 11:00:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FimbleHobbs Thu 05-Nov-09 11:07:02

At the pharmacy I last went to, the medised said 2+ on it but the pharmacist said it was old packaging and it is now 6+.
This is not very helpful for an 18month old is it, but I don't think they have changed the product just changed the rules.

paisleyleaf Thu 05-Nov-09 11:17:49

Saline drops? To make it runnier and easier to clear.

CMOTdibbler Thu 05-Nov-09 14:34:36

Sudafed liquid is what you want - dries up mucus a treat. DS has been prescribed it by the GP for his chest as it is supposed to be prescription only for under 6, but there is no paracetamol in it

canihaveapeeinpeacepleasebob Thu 05-Nov-09 14:44:22

Or get a nasal asperator and suck the snot out. I use one on my dc's and they are brilliant.

orangina Thu 05-Nov-09 14:45:46

Can't I give medised to my 2+ year old?

(panic)

He is so snotty and it's the only thing that is helping him at the moment. I was sure it said 1-6 yr olds, take 1-2 5ml spoons 3-4 times daily.....

CowWatcher Thu 05-Nov-09 15:50:02

think rules have changed, rather than the contents of the bottle. Occasional use to dry up a cold is unlikely to be harmful. Although don't come running down the street after me - i'm not responsible! I gave no advice!

RubysReturn Thu 05-Nov-09 15:51:43

DD has been prescribed loratadine for this - not sure of age suitability, but is availabel otc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now