Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

another new tooth question

(8 Posts)
Jimjams Thu 16-Jun-05 19:11:47

ds1 has started losing his baby teeth. The bottom 2 adult teeth are coming through but their upper edges are all jagged. Is that normal- do they turn smooth with use??? I don't know any children his age so nothing to compare it with. God knows what we'll do if it isn't- he won't open his mouth for a dentist.

Doddle Thu 16-Jun-05 19:13:03

Totally, normal, they wear down with time!

Enid Thu 16-Jun-05 19:13:25

dd1's two new teeth are exactly the same, they look like little tiny white castle battlements, I think it is totally normal!

hunkermunker Thu 16-Jun-05 19:14:47

Yep, mine were frilly when they came through too. Are smooth now

Jimjams Thu 16-Jun-05 19:15:48

oh thank god for that- he doesn't do dentists.

ds1 is quite happy to go to the dentist- he sits on the chair, presses the buttons to go up and down then goes home again. absolutely won't open his mouth. he must wonder why he gets taken there to ride on a chair!

CarolinaMoon Thu 16-Jun-05 20:11:05

um, have to say mine are still frilly. My sis's are the same tho not as bad. Don't know anyone else who still has frilly teeth tho, so don't fret - it's because my top teeth slope out a bit and my bottom teeth in a bit (I sound gorgeous, don't I?) so they didn't get worn down properly to a straight line.

love 'frilly' as a description of teeth btw

SoupDragon Thu 16-Jun-05 20:12:20

Mine are still frilly too Not as frilly as they were though.

Henda Thu 16-Jun-05 20:50:21

its def normal. trust me, i'm a dentist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now