Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'll try again..

(4 Posts)
Cobblers Wed 04-Nov-09 21:21:34

I've just haqd an appointment through for an ulrasound/mamogram as I've found 3 lumps in my breasts. I'll be on my own as my DH is away on business and I don't want to worry my mum so I haven't told her.
Does anyone know 1)what to expect? and 2)can I take my 5 month old along or is that wholly inappropriate?

whomovedmychocolatecookie Wed 04-Nov-09 21:42:32

Hello, lumps in the post partum period are normally benign. You will be shown to a changing room and asked to put on a gown over your top half (and obviously take your bra and top off). The technician normally then gets you to stand in front of the machine and two plates squish your boobs from each side. It is unpleasant and uncomfortable but not painful (well if you've had kids you're already used to pain and suffering wink). It would be difficult to take your 5 month along - as s/he would not be able to be in the room while the tests are carried out. However they may have a nurse who could look after them for the five minutes it takes. Is there anyone else would could come and just sit with your child for those few minutes (a friend maybe?)

Good luck btw.

Cobblers Thu 05-Nov-09 20:30:30

Thanks Whom. Glad to see there is someone out there. I may phone ahead to see if someone will mind my ds.
Thanks again, I feel pretty down as it is and when no one responds to your post it's really disheartening.

mamalovesmojitos Thu 05-Nov-09 20:51:36

no experience and can't add to that great post but just wanted to say good luck cobblers. you must be nervous but as whomoved said i'm sure it'll all be fine smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now