Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is turning into a whingy little g*t a response to pre-school boosters?

(6 Posts)
Twiglett Thu 16-Jun-05 17:04:01

just wondering - he only had the DTP by the way but he hasn't half whinged and whined a lot more than usual

(he has had physical side effects like swollen arm and glands)

WigWamBam Thu 16-Jun-05 17:05:07

My dd had hers a couple of weeks ago, and she turned into a whinge-monster too. She then got a measles-type rash a week or so later, and turned into an even bigger whinge-monster.

Twiglett Thu 16-Jun-05 17:26:41

did she get over the whinge-monster phase?

JoolsToo Thu 16-Jun-05 17:28:33

you cruel, cruel mummies

Twiglett Thu 16-Jun-05 19:49:26

I bow down before your superior 'coping with whinginess' skills jools

GeorginaA Thu 16-Jun-05 20:55:03

Twig - dunno, but ds1 has been a whingy whiny git recently too but NOT had the boosters. Been slightly clingy as well and chatted to the nursery staff this morning about it (to warn them that he may not be on form) and apparently it's a common reaction with the uncertainties of starting school. Even if school is mentioned rarely and really positively, it's an unknown and a source of anxiety (apparently).

Trying to cut him some slack and not wring his neck... will let you know how I get on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now