Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what's that stuff called that comes out at ovulation time?

(4 Posts)
saramoon Tue 03-Nov-09 20:44:01

Ok, usually when i ovulate I get the clear, stretchy stuff come out for a couple of days. The last few months it has been flecked with blood, not much, think i asked the doc and she said it was ok. Now yesterday and today I have had the stuff coming out cos i am ovulating and it is quite a browny red colour and not very nice. It doesn't smell at all but the colour is freaking me out a bit. I have booked an appointment with the doc on Saturday but am just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing. Anyone?

whomovedmychocolatecookie Tue 03-Nov-09 22:47:01

Egg white cervical mucous is the common term.

Is there any chance you are pregnant already?

Doesn't sound great but it also doesn't sound dangerous. There is a lot of stuff going on around ovulation and if you are having sex a lot because you are TTCing, you may just have an abrasion up there causing a tiny bit of bleeding which is getting stuck in with the gloop.

DianaDavrosandthesupremedaleks Tue 03-Nov-09 22:54:27

You can get ovulation bleeding caused by the egg being released - this is harmless but could colour your mucus. But any mid cycle bleeding should be checked out so you are right to see your GP.

saramoon Wed 04-Nov-09 15:58:36

No chance of being pregnant - have got coil in and we aren't having sex alot!! Also, have got 2 dds and that is enough!!

Thanks for advice, will get it checked out at the doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now