Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

another mirena thread...

(2 Posts)
akhems Tue 03-Nov-09 18:59:46

I've had mine for 12 years now and thought it was great but reading here I'm wondering if it's the cause of my depression and lack of va va voom in the bedroom dept. So I'm thinking of having it taken out but no idea what to have instead. From what I've read the implanon has similar side effects, I don't think I can take the pill as I have malabsorption issues so it wouldn't be reliable, not sure about injections.

I did read about the evra patch which seems to not have the depression and loss of libido listed as side effects and wondered if any of you had any experience of it or could suggest any other alternative methods? I'm soo out of the loop cos I've not had to think about this stuff for such a long time blush

mumof2000 Tue 03-Nov-09 19:18:05

Iv just canceled my appt to have marina fitted hmm after reading many threads on it all in my current state of mind i dont think i will go ahead right now .....heard more bad than good ...i may go to doc as its the heavy periods i get i want to cure more than anything ...

im not to clued up on it all either akhems ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now