Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bleeding nipple

(8 Posts)
BlueFlotsam Tue 03-Nov-09 12:57:35

Just noticed blood in my bra, and also on my sheet this morning...... and of course I had to Google.. God I am sooooo scared. Seeing GP later today..

Has anybody else had this happen? I am now convinced it is really serious!

onestep Tue 03-Nov-09 16:13:12

well you've done the right thing in seeing your gp. Are you breastfeeding ? Is there any chance it could be from a little nibbling you hadn't noticed before ? Good luck with your appointmebt and let us know how you are later. smile

BlueFlotsam Tue 03-Nov-09 16:45:23

No. not BF, my kids are teens LOL...

oh that was embarrassing... drop dead gorgeous doc. having a good feel.. my lucky day haha

He did put my mind at rest quite a bit but am being referred for further tests..I will still be worried but there, who wouldnt be?

Thanks for replying! I dont want to tell anybody in RL..

mummygogo Tue 03-Nov-09 21:16:45

You've done the right thing to get checked out. I'm sure it will be fine, it sounds as though the doc is quite relaxed which is a good sign. Hope you get all the tests done and the reassurance you need

BlueFlotsam Wed 04-Nov-09 16:12:36

Thanks for that.

I hardly slept at all last night and when I got in today there was a message from the hospital to arrange my appointment!

I wasnt expecting to hear for about two weeks and now I am really worried.

Obviously it is good that it is so quick, but is that because my Dr. thinks it is serious?????

mummygogo Wed 04-Nov-09 18:39:37

Some hospitals are just more efficient than others. Its good you are getting seen. When I had a lump and hate to wait weeks and hardly slept a wink all the time I waited. At least you will get your answer soon and hopefully you can then get back to normality (and a good nights sleep)

There are so many different things that it can be but googling is the worst thing. If you google any part of your anatomy I guarantee it will always come up with the most terrifying illness connected with it - doesn't mean you've got anything bad

Take care

BlueFlotsam Wed 04-Nov-09 21:37:11

Thank you for your reply. I know, logically, that what you say right, but I have had a real problem sleeping lately, and now... ah well, I will be fine

It isnt that I worry for me so much, it is for my kids... but I will try to be positive. I dont feel so ill and I dont have any other symptoms and have had a lot of blood tests for other reasons and they have all come thru clear...

thanks again. I just dont want to share it with my family.

Winetimeisfinetime Wed 04-Nov-09 22:02:30

Blue it is good that the gp was not too worried - I do think they have can get a good idea of how serious things are when they examine you.

Try to take some comfort from that - hard I know. I have had a couple of breast scares - I found a lump years ago and was very worried even though my gp thought it wasn't going to be anything sinister.It turned out he was right and it was benign but I'd worried myself silly in the meantime.

I wouldn't read too much in to how quickly the hospital contact you about your appointment - I was recently referred as a non urgent case to the breast clinic because of breast pain and they phoned me the next day to arrange the appointment and I was seen within a fortnight. A friend of mine with a lump that her gp strongly thought was a cyst was seen the next day. It does seem to depend on how efficient your local breast unit is.

Let us know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now