Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ovarian Cyst

(1 Post)
Cakamaker Tue 03-Nov-09 07:14:38

Hi, A few months ago I was diagnosed with an endometrial ovarian cyst measuring 11cm, and yesterday was admitted to hopital for a laparoscopy and removal of the cyst via keyhole surgery. However when the surgeon came to see me afterwards I was told that she had instead drained the cyst as it was too well adhered to my left ovary, but may well fill up again, possibly resulting in having to have my ovary removed in future. I was still very groggy at the time and didn't question anything she said.

I am now sat at home with many questions and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing. I will be sent an appointment for three months time, and all I will have in the meantime will be the copy of the letter sent to my GP from the hospital and I'm sure I won't be able to understand that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now