Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

has anyone ever had bed bugs?

(7 Posts)
PlasticBandit Mon 02-Nov-09 19:51:27

I mean real bed bugs, not those dust mites that folks refer to as bed bugs. We have been through bed bug hell. It has taken 3 months of really, really hard work and megabucks to get rid of them, not to mention the binning of about 30% of our possessions. We really hope they are gone and that they have died in pain. Has anyone else ever gone through this, or maybe going through it?

gingeme Mon 02-Nov-09 19:55:04

Hi , yes we have been through it twice. Sucks doesn't it? Both times in my boys room so the boys were covered in the bites sad The last lot was about 3 years ago but I am still paranoid when I see a small dark speck of something on any of the beds hmm

PlasticBandit Mon 02-Nov-09 20:14:45

Twice - OMG. We had them through the whole house - we were all covered in bites and the doctor said it was scabies. I was horrified that we all had scabies. It wasn't scabies. However, having found out about the evil that is bed bugs, I would prefer scabies. Yes, it sucks, big time. And yes, I will never stop looking for those dark specks, not just on the beds, but on the curtains, the tops of the walls, just about anywhere really. Ever.

gingeme Tue 03-Nov-09 12:12:59

I have had scabies too shock Years ago when I first moved out of my parents. I lived in a shared house and git it from the bed hmm. Moved back home till I found somewhere else.

whatreallygrindsmygears Wed 04-Nov-09 12:58:34

bed bugs are the devil's pet- fumigate every bloody thing, because they will just keep moving to another part of your house.
it is awful

Carrotfly Wed 04-Nov-09 13:04:02

Not had that pleaseure thankfully.

I remember reading / hearing something a while back about the influx of cheap antique pine from Romania being a source of the problem.

You've not got new wardrobes have you ?

gingeme Wed 04-Nov-09 15:15:03

carrotfly they live in any new furniture and can lay dorment for months. They especialy like new mattresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now