Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shingles and being 'run down'

(3 Posts)
alysonpeaches Mon 02-Nov-09 18:15:40

I have had a cold I couldnt shake off and persistent sore throat etc for about 4 weeks. Yesterday I found a nice little cluster of spots on my leg and took myself to my GP. Lo and behold, I have shingles. The doc says I must be run down. Ive got acyclovir for the shingles. I had them before, 6 years ago.

So, having got a script for shingles, what do you do if you are run down? What will pick me up apart from a fortnight in the sun with no children? Any suggestions? BTW Ive got 4 children and DH works so rest isnt much of an option.

cocolepew Mon 02-Nov-09 18:18:14

Pharmaton tablets are very good after an illness, you usually only need them for the monthly course. I has bad post viral virus after Swine Flu and they were great.

Hope you feel better soon.

alysonpeaches Mon 02-Nov-09 18:21:14

Thanks, I had swine flu in August too. Just call me viral magnet! This year I have picked up everything going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now