Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Fall this morning......

(15 Posts)
jessicasmummy Thu 16-Jun-05 10:44:34

... jess fell this morning. She had pulled herself up on the sofa and lost her balance and went straight backwards. She screamed for about 2 minutes and then wanted to sleep. I let her sleep - checking on her, and she slept for 2 hours. She got up at 9.30 and was playing nicely but she has just fallen asleep again..... this isnt like her..... is it because of the fall? Sorry this is long but im worried now!

HappyHuggy Thu 16-Jun-05 10:47:34

If shes hurt her head its probably better to get her checked out - just to be on the safe side.

Puff Thu 16-Jun-05 10:48:02

ring your surgery and see what they say - trust your brill Mummy instincts!

Puff Thu 16-Jun-05 10:49:16

My motto is "when in doubt, err on the side of caution and don't feel you are making a fuss because you're not!"

hunkermunker Thu 16-Jun-05 10:50:14

Definitely get her checked, JM. Will probably be nothing, but do as HH and Puff say and err on the side of caution.

hunkermunker Thu 16-Jun-05 10:50:29

And give her a cuddle from me too

Puff Thu 16-Jun-05 10:51:16

and me - {{{{{{{{cuddle}}}}}}}}}

jessicasmummy Thu 16-Jun-05 10:52:27

Right, spoke to DH who said to waker her and phone docs.

Didnt wake her, but phoned docs.

They say let her sleep and if she vomits or has a lump on her head when she wakes up, to give them another call....

am i worrying over nothing?!

Puff Thu 16-Jun-05 11:07:39

I'm sure she's fine, I've had the same thing happen a few times with my two and they've been right as rain. You just need to keep an eye on her.

kid Thu 16-Jun-05 11:25:00

DD was always falling and really hitting her head hard. I was told by the DR that as long as she didn't loose coscciousness straight after the fall and wasn't sick then she was fine.
It is always best to check if you feel something isn't right after all, you know your child better than anyone.

hunkermunker Thu 16-Jun-05 18:57:09

How's Jess, JM?

jessicasmummy Thu 16-Jun-05 20:27:33

She's ok now thanks.... had a sleep, got up, was fine and happy, if a little snuggly! Dh came home from work at lunchtime as he was on earlies today, she didnt want to know him (how i laughed - she is such a daddy's girl usually!) but she went to him in the end and had another little half hour sleep this afternoon. Been playing happily. I assume i maybe just over-reacted because its the first time she has had a major fall and really hurt herself! Obviously gonna be a lot more of this in the months ahead!

hunkermunker Thu 16-Jun-05 20:37:29

Glad to hear she's well, JM - cuddle her again from me!

jessicasmummy Thu 16-Jun-05 20:38:03

Will do - in the morning when she gets up though - she is sleeping like a baby should right now!

hunkermunker Thu 16-Jun-05 21:09:36

Of course - never wake a sleeping baby, even for a cuddle from some woman you've never met online

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: