Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

breast lumps

(5 Posts)
LouIsAWeetbixKid Sat 31-Oct-09 08:25:15

I found a lump in my boob last night and am not sure whether I should panic or not. It is hard and about the size of a malteser. It doesn't hurt when I press on it and I can ony find it when I am standing up. My gp is closed on weekends so do I wait or find somewhere else to go?

Wigeon Sat 31-Oct-09 09:23:05

If it was me, I'd ring the doctors first thing on Monday morning and get an appointment as soon as possible, but I wouldn't bother the emergency doctor.

cktwo Sat 31-Oct-09 09:32:30

I found something similar last month. Saw the GP who thought it was a cyst and referred me to the hospital. Went to see the consultant on Thursday who thinks it's a lump of FAT!!
Was a bit miffed (but pleased) but he referred my up for an ultrasound and I get the results next week.

LouIsAWeetbixKid Sat 31-Oct-09 12:53:31

Thanks for your advice. Have never had one before and was not sure how urgent it was. Bit panicky I think when I typed the post. Will see gp on Monday.

Wigeon Sat 31-Oct-09 14:23:41

Hope it turns out to be nothing and good luck at the GPs. Explain the issue to the receptionist and hopefully they will let you have an appointment pronto.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now