Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore Willy! Please help!

(23 Posts)
Eeeeek Wed 15-Jun-05 18:43:26

Sorry for thread title. Needed to catch your attention! I know from experience that Mumsnetters can help with absolutely ANYTHING!!

DH has this problem. It gets worse every time we have sex. It isn't thrush, he has experienced that before. It doesn't even seem infected. It's actually the skin which is always quite dry down below but is now very red and inflamed and even cracked and bleeding in places. It might be related to his eczema-type condition that he has but he has never had it quite in this place before (it's whole foreskin area really - alarmingly red and angry looking) and he won't go to the docs about this and can't say I blame him! He has been putting baby oil on it which helps soften the skin but doesn't make it go away.

Does anyones DH/DP or any guys on here have any experience of this and how to treat it/what to buy from the chemist etc?

Thanks

cod Wed 15-Jun-05 18:43:40

Message withdrawn

Eeeeek Wed 15-Jun-05 18:47:23

not sure it is though Cod. Thrush in men presents as soreness UNDER the foreskin I think. and has a kind of whitish discharge (ugh yuk sorry hope no-one is eating). This has nothingl ike that, is just very very sore

charleepeters Wed 15-Jun-05 18:48:15

I know it can be embarrasing going to the docs but they really do see this sort of thing everyday im sure they will be very professional about it.

Lonelymum Wed 15-Jun-05 18:48:56

He should face up to his problem and go and see the doctor. Of course it is embarrassing, but he must want the condition treated surely?

Doddle Wed 15-Jun-05 18:49:13

DS2 gets really bad eczema on his willy, I have to put hydrocortisone on it or he scratches it terribly and spends most of his time with his hands in his pants.

Lonelymum Wed 15-Jun-05 18:49:17

Great minds think alike CP!

bundle Wed 15-Jun-05 18:49:21

try embarrassingproblems.com

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 18:51:48

baby oil

that wont help if it is excema - mineral oil makes things worse doenst it?

tbh it does sound like thrush - you dont necessarily get a discharge it can dry the area out terribly

he could try some canesten cream on it for a week and see if it helps?

Twiglett Wed 15-Jun-05 18:52:25

'excema-type' condition? .. what condition? is it excema, psoriasis or something else??

charleepeters Wed 15-Jun-05 18:52:26

i know Lonelymum i know about these things i had to get an embarassing lumo checked by my g.p i was so embarrased but she was really kind and put me totaly at ease.

Twiglett Wed 15-Jun-05 18:53:07

and if it something like that i would strongly suggest a GP visit as will probably need a steroid cream to clear it up

Lonelymum Wed 15-Jun-05 18:54:24

If you do try treating it for thrush, shouldn't Eeeeek also treat herself at the same time otherwise she will reinfect him when they make love.

CP I have been through a whole load of embarrassing conditions in my time and usually hold out for months sometimes in agony before getting something done so I know all about it too!

Twiglett Wed 15-Jun-05 18:54:26

unless its an STD of course in which case he might need another treatment altogether

Eeeeek Wed 15-Jun-05 18:56:02

It's psoriasis that he has. have seen similar problem now on the embarassingproblems site (thanks bundle) that mentions on the glans of the penis, not on the actual foreskin. maybe this is just psoriasis.

So babyoil might be making it worse then. I told him to use it!

charleepeters Wed 15-Jun-05 18:56:27

i know someone who had somthing like this 'not naming names as my mum uses this site!' but he had to have antibiotic cream, it probablys flairs up reguarly if its an infection, and it will untill its cleared up.

Eeeeek Wed 15-Jun-05 18:57:06

Actually I did have thrush a few weeks ago but I treated myself and have no symptoms now. And we didnt have sex whilst I had it obviously

cod Wed 15-Jun-05 19:29:34

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Wed 15-Jun-05 19:36:49

If you had thrush, then it's possible he's picked it up from you, either before you started treating yourself or afterwards, if you didn't clear it up completely. Men don't always get a discharge with thrush, it can make any part of their penis sore, and they can pick it up really easily.

Furball Wed 15-Jun-05 19:47:01

Have you tried changing your washing powder? When I changed to Persil with Aloe Vera, DH knew about it!! I've since changed to Sainsburys own no bio and everythings fine.

PS Suedocreme worked wonders!

Mud Wed 15-Jun-05 19:48:31

if he has psoriasis then it sounds like he has an outbreak on his willy and needs to see a GP / dermatologist and get it in check

Flip Wed 15-Jun-05 19:53:15

My dh had quite a serious problem that sounds similar. The foreskin had become red and cracked and as it healed it became tighter. He plucked up the courage to go to the docs and was told he'd caught it in time. It could have become cancerous and he had to be circumcised fairly quickly. He's not home at the moment but I'll ask him the name of the condition. It's more common than I thought and the GP knew instantly what it was and acted quickly.

Flossam Wed 15-Jun-05 20:00:18

Tell him you saw on the internet that things like this need to be treated else it might fall off! Seriously, though, think you ought to go to docs, sounds painful, and raw open skin is at risk of infection if not already infected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now