Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2 year old bad breath - eggy though bRush teeth regularly...why?

(17 Posts)
bumbly Fri 30-Oct-09 14:52:34

anyone else have this?

SqueezyCheesyPumpkin Fri 30-Oct-09 18:41:28

Bump.

eggontoast Fri 30-Oct-09 18:46:20

Perhaps the 'bad breath' is actually a sinus infection? Have you noticed any green (or other) coloured (sorry, I cannot think of the polite way to say) snot?

Jujubean77 Fri 30-Oct-09 18:50:40

bad breath is not a lot to do with teeth but more about the digestive tract/ stomach.

Is he ill, gone to the toilet regularly, eating any type of food that could cause it?

bumbly Fri 30-Oct-09 22:15:51

at the mo fine and no illness and cant connect any food - so can't answer / say more!

thanks for all your input!

itchyandscratchy Fri 30-Oct-09 22:19:26

I would say might be the only symptom you get from a tummy bug maybe?

i had a really strange bug a few months back where I wasn't sick but kept burping up the most disgusting eggy belches - really, the grossest taste and smell ever. Ended after 3 days with diaorrhea. Was very strange - not had a bug like that before.

whomovedmychocolatecookie Fri 30-Oct-09 22:20:36

Can be caused by dehydration - provide sips of water often and see if it goes.

Time2Hibernate Fri 30-Oct-09 22:22:18

Echo most of the above and I've also found that it can be the signs of a sore throat too.

bumbly Fri 30-Oct-09 22:22:43

thank you - bug will kepp an eye and ehydration wow! didnt know that? where did you find out?

Ronaldinhio Fri 30-Oct-09 22:24:42

might be something stuck up the nose...can lead to a very bad breath or sinus infection same result

whomovedmychocolatecookie Fri 30-Oct-09 22:30:46

It's to do with the bacteria build up - you see saliva is quite good at dampening down the build up of bacteria in the mouth - once it's swallowed it's not a problem, but if you are dehydrated you can get really horrid breath. Which is why if you sit at your desk all morning without having a drink you start to smell like a zombie.

Thought everyone knew that hmm

JesusChristOtterStar Fri 30-Oct-09 22:32:40

my 3 year old the same - although better than a year ago
asked dentist he said nothing wrong...

bumbly Fri 30-Oct-09 22:34:11

thank you very much for all this - feel bit better and will take heed of all suggestions

callmeovercautious Fri 30-Oct-09 22:38:55

DD gets this just before she gets D&V. All I can think of otherwise is that there might be a raisin up their nose?

Time2Hibernate Sat 31-Oct-09 15:44:58

WhoMoveMyChocolate - LOL

I'll remember the Zombie comment forever grin

<Makes mental note to keep drinking loads of water>

MaMight Sat 31-Oct-09 16:02:15

I notice my children smell bad (to me) when they are coming down with something. Any sort of bug or illness makes them smell not like them, and I smell they're not well before any other symptoms appear.

spiderlight Sat 31-Oct-09 16:14:43

MaMight - I'm so glad it's not just me! I can always tell if my OH is getting a cold days in advance because he smells different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now