Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

when did you start your periods again?

(7 Posts)
Chica31 Fri 30-Oct-09 10:49:09

My DD is 23 weeks today and only Bf. For the last couple of days I have felt horrible. Headache, bloated, craving chocolate and a period pain, but I haven't started yet. I never really had problems with periods before, when did you start your periods again? Maybe it is not a period, DH is a teacher and there are bugs everywhere at school at the moment.

pipWereRabbit Fri 30-Oct-09 10:51:44

My persiods started a couple of months after stopping breastfeeding, at about a year in both cases. But I know that 'normal' can be pretty much anything from days to months....

naughtystepforme Fri 30-Oct-09 14:10:31

Mine started after 11 weeks when I was still exc. bfeeding and the first period was a mega-period and hurt like hell. Then the next few months were all over the place and my previous 28 day cycle was all over the shop.

sweetkitty Fri 30-Oct-09 14:19:25

All 3 of mine were EBF for the first 6 months

DD1 - 4 weeks after lochia stopped
DD2 - 11 months
DD3 - 12 months

DD2 and 3 were much hungrier babies than DD1 who slept through 11-8pm from about 6 weeks, I was told if you have a gap of more than 4 hours between feeds it can trigger ovulation.

taren Thu 05-Nov-09 14:01:12

hi had my first period 3 months after stopping breastfeeding and it all seemed pretty normal i was always very regular before but now i am nearly 2 weeks late on my 2nd period after birth is that normal its my 2nd baby everything went like clockwork the first time so im unsure .

Dlamis Thu 05-Nov-09 14:18:40

Both ds's exclusively breast fed for 6 month and then carried on breastfeeding after 6 months.

With ds1 periods returned at 9-10months old
With ds2 periods returned at 4 months old (I was gutted!)

skandi1 Mon 09-Nov-09 16:07:26

Hi
Mine returned when DD was 9 weeks old and I was excl BF! I thought I was seriously ill and phoned GP in a panic. Apparently up to 30% of excl BF women have periods within first 3 months!

I thought it was a "one-off" until 28 days later there was another one...

DH's only reaction was "great now we can try for another one".
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now