Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

shorter cycles and now mid cycle bleeding

(7 Posts)
yellowbean Thu 29-Oct-09 22:42:59

over the past 5 months my cycles have been getting shorter. I was on a 26 day cycle and seem to have gone to 21-23 days. Now tonight (day 17) I've started bleeding...... why? what could be the cause of this. My periods aren't heavy or at all painful.... what's going on. I'm 34....

whomovedmychocolatecookie Thu 29-Oct-09 22:46:18

When was your last child born? You probably need to go to the GP to check it out, premature menopause is one possibility. (sorry)

yellowbean Thu 29-Oct-09 22:49:05

my last child is 3 next month..... oh god!... actually was worried someone might tell me I'm pregnant!

whomovedmychocolatecookie Thu 29-Oct-09 22:52:43

Unlikely -sorry, bleeds through pregnancy tend to be quite regular IYSWIM. Do you have any other symptoms?

Have you lost weight? Do you have a history of endometriosis. Are your smears up to date?

yellowbean Thu 29-Oct-09 23:17:51

i have lost about a stone and a half over the past few months... but have been exercising and gone veggie. Am due a smear in new year so wouldnt hurt to have one now i guess....no other health issues, and really dont want to be pregnant, so thats reassuring! Don't want to be pre menopausal either tho!

whomovedmychocolatecookie Fri 30-Oct-09 13:12:53

You need to go to the GP young lady, there is no getting out of it! <stern>

yellowbean Sat 31-Oct-09 23:06:39

went to GP... gotta go back in a fortnight for an internal.... so none the wiser yet. have looked around on the net and my symptoms don't really fit with much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now