Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dizziness Help!!!!

(3 Posts)
elliemac Thu 29-Oct-09 21:23:15

Had a major dizzy spell out of nowhere today. Felt as though i was going to pass out. Saw doc who said my blood pressure and pulse were fine and that this was quite common. I do suffer with dizziness quite a bit but its never been like this. I was absolutely terrified. Had to cling on to my car to stop myself falling. Anyone got any advice? Surely feeling like that can't be normal. Thanks x

josette Thu 29-Oct-09 21:41:09

Not really advice... but i had something similar about 6 years ago whilst I was on holiday. When I went to see the doc on return, they diagnosed it as an inner ear problem... labrynthitis.
It lasted a few weeks... I think they just gave me anti-sickness pills... and was told to lie down alot if possible.
I still have funny little balance issues now and again.
Hope this helps.

NanaNina Fri 30-Oct-09 20:18:10

Elliemac - was this dizziness or vertigo. The former is feeling light headed but the latter is a feeling of either you spinning or the world about you spinning, or sometimes both together. I have suffered from dizziness and vertigo in the past and they are both distressing. The GP could never find anything wrong though once diagnosed a middle ear infection which was not the right diagnosis.

Vertigo can be a "one off" or a recurring problem and there doesn't seem to be much treatment. I have to say though that for me dizziness over a period of time turned out to be a symptom of anxiety which was followed by depression but I was recently bereaved and so this is unlikely to be the cause for you.

Hope it gets sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now