Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding?

(4 Posts)
aoifesmama Thu 29-Oct-09 10:14:47

So, I am mid cycle and yesterday began period like bleeding. DD is 7 mo and my periods began again at month 2 angry, the first one was heavy, but others have been very light. She was born my Em CS and the bleeding since yesterday has been much heavier than post birth. At the moment I am soaking through pads in a couple of hours and tampons are a no go because of how much blood (sorry TMI!). So, should I be worried? I suffered 3 MCs pre DD (all at about 12 weeks) with this much bleeding, its the only thing I can liken it to, but really don't think I was pregnant. I know I should see GP, but they have asked me to wait until Mon as 2 off with swine flu.

Should I be worried, or just treat as a period?

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 29-Oct-09 11:27:54

I would visit the GP asap and see if you can be seen before Monday. Any bleeding out of the norm should be checked out medically as a matter of course.

purplepeony Thu 29-Oct-09 11:32:57

I think you should treat it as a period unless you have reason to think you could be pregnant- ie no birth control used, or dodgy birth control. If the latter, then see your GP or go to A&E if bleeding is profuse.

From what you say, soaking a pad in 2 hours is not excessive- first day of my periods always like that and have never considered myself having heavy periods.

diddl Thu 29-Oct-09 12:10:58

If you have never had an ordinary period like this before, I would get to GP asap, tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now