Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mouth ulcers again ..

(15 Posts)
mumof2000 Wed 28-Oct-09 20:54:56

I keep getting them , went to hygenist then dentist 2 days later for check up, and now got 2 more ....

does anyone els suffer with them , i havent the best teeth in the world but do brush them /floss have check ups ...

i do have anx and get stressed / worried easily so could this be why ?

logi Wed 28-Oct-09 20:58:32

Hi,i have suffered with them since i was a child so have my chidren,mine are worse at stressful/anxious times and when im anaemic also before periods,but ive never found a cure for them.

Milliways Wed 28-Oct-09 21:02:56

If you can get Adcortyl in Orabase from your pharmacist it is FAB. Actually puts a coating on the ulcer and overnight makes a HUGE difference to really horrible ulcers.

However, when I last went to get some they said it was being discontinued Pharmacist said nothing else they stocked was anything like as effective, but did give me some Hydrocorisone tablets that you melt on the ulcer.

Ask your pharmacist.

mumof2000 Wed 28-Oct-09 21:24:15

thanks , i know the one you mean Milliwasy i have been using that and was told the same thing , im now trying iglu he said was as good so im giving it a go , bugger to put on though but seems to be in place at moment .....

i feel run down cos of anx i get , bought some efavesant multi vit today with high bs and c and zinc so hopefully that may give me a boost ..

just a pain ...and worry that i keep getting them , but glad to here im not the only sufferer .

Milliways Wed 28-Oct-09 21:33:14

Yep, they are a horror, just knowing that they will GROW once started unless killed quickly

mumof2000 Wed 28-Oct-09 21:35:10

yep ....and iv got ore mouth washes than boots in my bathroom ..lol

mumof2000 Thu 29-Oct-09 17:06:42

really painfull sad trying that iglu scraped it off now but still hurts not sur weather should reaply now or wait till bed time , pain to put on and hard to get off ...

Milliways Thu 29-Oct-09 19:40:06

Ouch!

The pharmacist wouldn't sell me that as said after Adcortyl would be rubbish.

Try the Hydrocortisone tablets?

mumof2000 Thu 29-Oct-09 20:00:15

not heard of that whats it do ? can get it from boots , got igul on now and will top up before go to bed , getting me down a bit want it to goooooooo

Milliways Thu 29-Oct-09 20:19:41

You just put the tiny tablet on the ulcer and let it melt there - up to 3 times a day I think. I just got some from Pharmacist but not tried them yet. He said was the nearest he had in strength to Adcortyl.

mumof2000 Thu 29-Oct-09 21:03:59

ok thanks will go tomorrow and have a look , just put iglu on stck stuff and hard to put on ...i am un down a bit i think had a coldtype sinus thing for ages , not enough to go to docs but hanging on ..plus i do get stressed easily ..
will keep you posted on the tablets .

BlueBumedFly Thu 29-Oct-09 21:41:54

I suffer with them too, they are horrid. I cannot eat raw tomato and raw red/white onion at the same time or I am guaranteed an ulcer.

Everythimg I launch into dieting with big salads etc I get an ulcer, am guessing the acid in the tomato is just too much. It is a right pain, eat well with lots of salad and I get ulcers. Eat rubbish I am fine (but fat!)

mumof2000 Mon 02-Nov-09 13:36:35

the 2 i had have now gone ...been on gum watch for so long now ....and now think another one on its way ....doesnt hurt yet iv either cought it whilst eating and not realised or think another ones coming ...getting me down now ..sad should i put cream on it now before it hrts or wait and see hmm

CrossWhy Mon 02-Nov-09 21:34:14

Adcortyl in Orabase is the bees knees for treating mouth ulcers. Buy some now while chemists can still get some from their suppliers.

The tablets you are taking about are called Corlan.

bonnyb1 Tue 03-Nov-09 12:48:28

like Logi, I too have suffered with horrible ulcers since I was little, seem to be pretty free of them at the mo (shouldn't say it, will tempt fate!) - I have been using Listerine total care and taking gogi berry supplements, don't know if this is why, however still get a couple with my period and definitely if stressed. Are there any tests you can have to find specific causes? I've got an appointment with a dermatologist soon, I will mention them to him see if he can give any advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now