Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Experience of bipolar disorder and/or mood disorders? Would appreciate some advice

(2 Posts)
testing1212 Wed 28-Oct-09 19:50:42

Name changed.

DH has been on anti-depressants for around 6 months. Without going into too much detail, I suspect that there is more to it than straight forward depression. He is not being totally straight with his GP. He won't listen to my concerns.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some information? Or, if you don't mind, share experiences?

Thanks - most grateful

thingamajig Wed 28-Oct-09 20:04:48

The MIND website is very good, here is their page about manic depression.
My MIL and BIL are bipolar, they both have long periods of being deeply depressed and long periods of being way over excitable, spending stupidly and having lots and lots of strange ideas. BIL gets delusions and sometimes hears voices. What is concerning you in particular about your DH? It is very difficult to live with a person with issues, I really feel for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now