Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Horrible red raised rash on my neck and chest ( allergic reaction) got prescription etc...

(7 Posts)
Lulumama Wed 28-Oct-09 13:07:51

But it looks awful sad not usually so vain ( well, maybe a little bit!0 but it's my brother's wedding on sunday, and i need it to be gone. i can't cover it with make up as it will itch more, look worse and it will still be lumpy

got cetirizine, hydrocortisone and doublebase from docs.

anything else i can do?

please just tell me it will be gone by sunday!!

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Wed 28-Oct-09 13:14:59

As long as you're not still in contact with what caused it, I'd think the hives will go within the day. Try to leave it uncovered as much as possible, I bet by tomorrow it'll be back to normal!

Lulumama Wed 28-Oct-09 13:15:53

thanks lulu ! i've had it for 48 hours and not been in contact again with what caused it, hence the concern

happystory Wed 28-Oct-09 13:17:53

Oh and keep cool. When I had something similar it got redder and more itchy when I got hot.

Lulumama Wed 28-Oct-09 14:40:51

thank you, i;ve been wearing open necked cotton shirts . it might be subsiding a bit, but still all red and dry and bumpy

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Wed 28-Oct-09 14:56:25

Oh no! Can't really think of anything other than what you're already doing, lots of steroid cream and diprobase. Good luck!

Lulumama Wed 28-Oct-09 15:39:17

thank you , appreciae the good wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now